X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muskyman
    • Mar 2002

just looking to be simple

hey all

I started making Divx back-ups of my DVD's a couple years ago and had settled on DVDRIPP as my favorite method.

it would take a few min to set up but left me with a complete DIVX file I could burn onto a CDR without the need to use anything else start to finnish.

well then I got a new computer with XP on it and because of a busy life I got away from making any back-ups

now I want to get back into making myself some DIVX back-ups again

I know this sounds like a cop out but I just want the simplyest method

is there a really simple way to do it now?

is there a one-step program that will just alow me to plop in a dvd and pop thru a few options and click start and end up with a 700mg file that I can burn on a disc?

the latest DVDRIPP version I tried was way more complicated then the version I have used and I havent been able to make it work.

I just want something simple and fast that dosent over complicate it?

anyone have any ideas?

thank you for your time , have a great day
  • muskyman
    • Mar 2002

one more thing

i have seen some(very little) info on DVD squeeze

it dosent say what codecs it recompresses the file into?

anyone know?

it makes it sound like its a one step back-up method

i dont have a dvd burner just a CDburner so I think I'm stuck recompressing with DIVX because I really like the single disc convienience.

thanks for the help or sugestions in advance

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

There are so many alternatives that I'd suggest the best thing to do is go to:

Digital Digest DivX XviD Software Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI software, latest news and updates

Comment

• muskyman
        • Mar 2002

thanks for your reply!

I have been on that page and have tried a few of those .

I guess what I am asking is what ones are truley simple

the thing I liked about dvdripp was that once you went thru and answered all the questions it was automatic from start to a finnished divx file on my harddrive.

thats really what I am looking for

are there any that are that automatic that are compatible with windows XP?

once again thank you for your time !

Comment

• muskyman
          • Mar 2002

anyone else out there have any recomondations for a all in one dvd to divx back-up tool that runs well with windows XP??

Comment

• thunderburn
            • Feb 2003

this is a all in one svcd program not divx but the results are impressive http://www.dvd2svcd.org/ use this and 1 pass vbr encoding at 1600 kb for 16 9 movies and 1900 kb for 4 3 movies i have put 2 hours and 15 minutes of 16 9 on one single cd with vhs quality there are alot of variations to make that will affect the size use bicubic encoding and reduce your audio to 160 kb you can go lower but gets scratchy with certain sounds there is a help forum for this program and it works excellent you will need either tmpgenc or cinemacraft encoder i reccomend the cinemacraft much faster and the quality is better per mb used after figuring the program out you will beable to make high quality 16 9 movies and put them on one disk 4 3 will GUARANTEE a 2 disc usage the program can also add title screens and switch disc screen with any picture you would l;ike to insert. and the total runtime on my 2000 amd is 1 to 1 and what i mean is if its a hour and a half movie my vcd file will be ready in 1 and a half hours use vcdeasy to burn either the cue file(which is when you create menus) or the bbmpeg file which is a raw mpeg2 file good luck and i dont think youll ever use anything else, oh did i mentuion it works with avis and divx also try it out, boy i sound like a salesman here lol and the software is free

Comment

• muskyman
              • Mar 2002

thanks for your reply...i'll give it a try

Comment

Working...