Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jakobkraft
    • Nov 2002

WinDVD Platinum + Region Free Hardware=Problems

I have WinDVD Platinum, was using it for a while on my liteon 163, which has region protection. I recently got hold of a Toshiba dvd-rom that did not have any region protection and now when I try to play a DVD in WInDVD platinum I keep getting a region confirmation window, asking me over and over if I would like to keep this region. If I answer yes, it just keeps popping back up.
    I downloaded demos of PowerDVD and an older version of WinDVD 3 that came with my videocard, and they work fine. I remember vaguely reading about an issue like this concerning windvd platinum in some forum a while back, but can't remember which one.
    Basically, has anyone encountered this issue, and if so, is there a fix? Thanks...!
  • G1zm0
    • Jan 2003

Hi there!

I found the same problem. I made my Matshita UJDA710 region free (RPC-1)

Basically, whenever you use region free hardware, the software (Windoze/Player) will take over responsibility for counting region changes. These software checks can be defeated with tools like DVD Region Killer 2 and DVD Genie.

DVD Region Killer 2 is the weapon of choice here. It works seamlesly by emulating a hardware region protected (RPC-2) drive with the same region as the current disc.

I used to use Region Killer with WinDVD3/4 and it worked well. However it doesn't seem to work with WinDVD Platinum. The alernative is to use DVD Genie to reset the number of region changes left in WinDVD.

Regards,

G1zm0

Comment

Working...