Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cerebra
    • May 2002

the copywrite section....

Is there any way that i can skip through the copywrite section at the start of dvd's? It's annoying that one of my DVD's that i have got has a 2 minute long section telling you that you arn't allowed to copy the dvd, blah blah, with a few captions of the logo of the company that produced the dvd etc, and to be honest i don't want to have to watch this "B****cks" everytime i watch a dvd.

The software i'm currently using is PowerDVD XP 4.0
  • gs0666
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Nov 2001

"Is there any way that i can skip through the copywrite section at the start of dvd's?"

Yes..either rip the entire movie from the DVD and burn(or re-encode if too big)back to DVD, or do the same as explained above(Rip DVD to HD) and make DivX

Or simply just FF until satisfied..................

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

For SOME (far from ALL) DVDs, it's as simple as selecting "Next Chapter"...

Comment

• Cerebra
        • May 2002

okay, so the solution to skipping 2 minutes of copywrite material is to spend 3 hours ripping the dvd. d'oh!

The copywrite material at the start of the movie can not just be fwinded or chapter skip, as somehow it's encoded for compulsary viewing. So, unless i crack my dvd software or find a bios update for my dvd player (which won't work, cos i've already tried to crack the dvd region and that failed due to some software error) i'm gonna have to view it, arn't i?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"i'm gonna have to view it, arn't i?"

Guess so - that's the reason the DVD was created/structured that way...

Comment

• Cerebra
            • May 2002

yes, which is why when you rip a DVD you STILL have to view the copywrite section. D'uh! (idiot)

Comment

• The Edge
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Jan 2003

DVD Region-Free will do this if I remember correctly.

It has a feature called "Direct-Play main title", which I think is what you are looking for

Edge
              "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

Working...