Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kirneh
    • Mar 2003

Firmware problems - please help!

I recently tried to make my DVD-player region-free and things went straight to hell. It's a 12x Creative Encore drive version 1242e, or at least it was when I started. I downloaded a patched Firmware BIN file and the Samsung Flash Download utility... I loaded up the BIN file into the Flash utility and tried to patch it - after a 15 second wait, it said that the firmware had been downloaded successfully, and that I should power off my PC. I turned off the computer, booted up again, and I couldn't use the DVD-drive at all. Windows now reports my drive as a Samsung SD-612, and claims that the drive is working properly. Still, it refuses to recognize that there's a CD in the drive, and when I press the eject button on the actual DVD-drive, nothing happens. I tried to fix this by downloading a clean BIN file and flashing this, but even though the Flash utility claims that the flashing went fine this time as well, I've still got a useless Samsung SD-612 after re-booting. I even tried uninstalling the DVD-player and reinstalling, but Windows only detects it as a Samsung drive no matter what. Any ideas (please don't say that my drive is irrevocably screwed)?
Working...