X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • belly917
    • Jul 2003

PowerDVD 4.0 Title Goto Menu Greyed out

Hey Everybody,
    I've googled far and wide trying to figure this out, but I haven't found a damn thing (send me a link if I'm wrong)

So.. I know that DVD's keep you from skipping to another part of the disc so that you HAVE TO watch things like the FBI warning. But beyond that, PowerDVD doesn't allow me to select other titles and chapters on the disc through the goto menu. They are Greyed out, I can only select chapters within the current title.

Basically this hinders searching for easter eggs, or bypassing those stupid previews that some discs have all at once (skipping forward one by one works). I could have sworn that this was fully functional in previous versions or before I installed the update.

Has anyone seen this, or do your PowerDVD's act in the same way? And is there a fix? Some file to modify, reg entry to hack?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Are you playing .VOBs only, as opposed to a FULL DVD (whether actual DVD or a DVD ripped in FULL to your hard drive)?

Comment

• belly917
      • Jul 2003

In response to your question. I am trying to play store bought DVD's.

Acutally I just was looking for an easter egg on my Ronin DVD, and all of the titles and chapters in the goto menu were accessible (not greyed out) so I guess this is a per disc problem???? That sucks!

So I guess my new question is there a way to circumvent this?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Is your problem limited to only one specific DVD? If so, accept it as a poorly constructed DVD...

(If it happens with more than one DVD, I would ask if you purchased PowerDVD, or if you obtained it by other means)

Comment

Working...