Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Motet
    • Jan 2002

Firmware help please.

Hi.......I'm really interested in making my combo drive region free. My drive is region protected and I was hoping if there's anyone who can help me out in this. I know that it requires a firmware but I can't find the firmware for my drive. I have found out that there is a firmware fro my drive but I just can't find it. My drive is a Toshiba SD-R2002 1321 drive. To all Toshiba drive users, please help me out. I would really appreciate it. Thank You.

P.S: can someone tell me what the black dot around my e-mail icon mean?
  • Jucius_Maximus
    • Jan 2002

As far as I know there is no region-free firmware patch available for that drive. If the drive is RPC-1 (I'm not sure how you'd determine that in this case) you could just install DVD Genie and make your software player play all regions. But if the drive is RPC-2, then you're out of luck until someone makes a patch.

For more information on this RPC business, check out the complete region-free guide: http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/region.html

Comment

• Motet
      • Jan 2002

Thanks for the help. I would have guessed so. I've also got a strong feeling that my com. is a RPC-2. I'll keep an eye on the firmware. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...