Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeusdo
    • Sep 2003

ImgTool - Create image doesn't work

I've been trying to use DVDShrink to create a backup. I've gone though the prosess of ripping the DVD using Shrink and/or DVD Decryptor but then the guide that I have been following http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/23_1.html says to use ImgTool to create the disk image (.img file) for burning. I have follwed the instructions but when I click on the create box, I get an error that says, "Can't locaate 'Video_ts' folder or 'Video_ts.ifo file." What am I doing wrong? I chose the location of the encoded files from Shrink. I tested the files and they play in my DVD file player (ATI). Any additional help using ImgTool would be great.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try placing ALL of the files (.IFOs, .BUPs, .VOBs) created by DVD Shrink into a folder named VIDEO_TS (yes, ALL CAPITALS)...

Comment

• zeusdo
      • Sep 2003

Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not work.

Comment

• mega
        • Oct 2003

I have a similar problem. I'm trying to copy a DVD-9 to 2 DVD+Rs.

Here's what I've done so far:

I used DVDDecrypter to rip the DVD to HD and IFOedit (v0.95) to create the content in the VIDEO_TS folders for both discs. Then I fired up ImgTool Classic (v0.9 Build 7) to burn an image for each of the 2 VIDEO_TS folders.

I set the source and Target correctly and clicked "Image". I got a "Unknown error" popup. I can't get past this point.

THen I noticed the IfoEdit 0.95 also has an "Image" button. I pointed to the VIDEO_TS folder and clicked Image. I got a "imglib.dll not found" error. Now I downloaded the Ifoedit as a zip file and the only application in the zip file was the actual IfoEdit program. There was no dll file in the archive nor any setup tool or wizard associated; I just double-clicked on the application in the zip file to start IfoEdit.

So my questions are:

1) Why am I getting the "Unknown error" in ImgTool Classic 0.9? Does anyone think it's because of a missing imglib.dll or other dll file? If so, what is the solution?
        2) How can I associate imglib.dll with the IfoEdit application so I can create an image using IfoEdit? :confused

Thanks for your time. This is a fantastic forum; I'm so happy I stumbled on to it

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"How can I associate imglib.dll with the IfoEdit application so I can create an image using IfoEdit?"

Put a copy of "IMGLIB.DLL" in the same folder with IFOEDIT...

Comment

• mega
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by setarip
            "How can I associate imglib.dll with the IfoEdit application so I can create an image using IfoEdit?"

Put a copy of "IMGLIB.DLL" in the same folder with IFOEDIT...
            Thanks for your prompt response, setarip

Just to make sure I understand your suggestion completely, I would just put the imglib.dll file in the same zip archive where the Ifoedit executable lives, correct?

THanks again!

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"I would just put the imglib.dll file in the same zip archive where the Ifoedit executable lives, correct?"

No!

Put the "IMGLIB.DLL" in the same folder/directory where you have the UNCOMPRESSED "IFOEDIT.EXE"...

Comment

• mega
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by setarip
                "I would just put the imglib.dll file in the same zip archive where the Ifoedit executable lives, correct?"

No!

Put the "IMGLIB.DLL" in the same folder/directory where you have the UNCOMPRESSED "IFOEDIT.EXE"...
                Hmm, OK. Well, as I'd mentioned earlier in this thread, I downloaded the IFOEdit as a zip file. I extracted the actual executable (i.e. uncompressed file) to my desktop. So where would I put the imglib.dll file? On my desktop?

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Working...