Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • not_digital
    • Oct 2003

Sonic Cinemaster-the best playback

I recieved Power DVD 4 with my Asus E616 DVD and have found it to be verry blurry with my Radeon 8500. I installed the latest patch but nothing changed except that the software output sound at a greater level than before.

I done a bit of research with WinDvd (free limited download) and found that Windvd plays slightly sharper but still not what I was expecting. So I dug a bit more and found that the ATI,s work well with Cinemaster based players so I looked and found the Sonic Cinemaster site that uses the most upto date Cinemaster engine.
    Well I downloaded the demo and guess what, it blew both the main contenders out of the water as regards image quality.

Now before you guys flame me, first check it out for your selves and ask yourself this......I own an XBOX and many people rate the playback on that console (although I feel that the PS2 handles the decompression better) and cosider it to be as good as a cheap "real" player....well the Xbox software codec is made by Ravisent and these guys create the Sonic software that im talking about. If the two main contenders were better I should think Microsoft would have cut a deal and the Xbox uses the NV2a chipset which is a cut down Geforce 4 which seems not to handle mpeg2 as well as the ATI,s........it makes you think..

Now, I want to jump ship from Power DVD so does anyone know how I can get hold of Sonic Cinemaster 1.5 as I dont have a credit card and the company is not answering my mail ?
Working...