X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eclipse
    • Nov 2003

DVDRom wont play DVDs

Hello all
    I had an Issue two weeks ago with my computer and had to install a new HD and re-install win XP home version. NOw my DVDRom wont play a DVD. Every time I try It says NO DISC INSTALLED.
    I have Tried :
    WINDVD, POWER DVD, Windows Media Player.
    I have only two DVDs in my collection. A windows sampler and a Disney DVD that I bought. I even went to a friends and borrowed Lord of The Rings.
    I tried Unisntalling the Drive and did a re-install yesterday and that didn't work. The drive plays CDs. and CDRs. It plays Data program discs as well. Ive tried a system check and it says all is fine with the drive.
    I used to play the sampler DVD no problem.
    What could I have done wrong???
    Thanks
    Eclipse
  • Eclipse
    • Nov 2003

Forgot to say it s a Samsung 616F DVDROM Drive.
    Today I installed the Win. Media player ver. 9 and that didnt help. still says no disc in drive.
    Trial version of power DVD gives me a error code 8004027A
    DVD-Video playback graph building failed.

Now what??

Comment

• lovedimpy
      • Nov 2003

I am having the same problem too. Did you find any solution ??
      I have Samsung SD-616F with firmware version E105 (Region Free) Anyone has any solution ??

Comment

• mp213
        • Mar 2004

i ahve a samsung SM-348B. and although the playback does at times begin, it stops or it becomes choppy and the player hangs. when i frist bought the dvd player it was the best thing but suddenly when i bought this dvd, it started having problems and ever since then its been a its very annoying. i think its something to do with the samsung drives. something happens to them after a while. i updated to powerdvd 5 and now windvd5 even have nvidia 2.0 but nothing seems to work. i tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling it. i ahve a geforce 4 mx 440 and even tried uninstalling that and reinstalling it. it was okay for the first half hour and then it began to have problems again. so if anyone knows any solution for this...help! mp

ps my drive is a combo - cdr, dvd r and dvdrom.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Try uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling DirectX, and rebooting...

Comment

• mp213
            • Mar 2004

i might sound like a complete doofus...but how do u uninstall direct x? mp

Comment

• mp213
              • Mar 2004

also now im having trouble playing my vcds on the dvd rom drive although i can play them alright on my regular cd drive. i have two drives...one's the regular and the other is teh combo. as stated earlier, im having trouble with the combo. i dont know how to uninstall direct x btw. so need help with that.

Comment

• geolabuk
                • Aug 2004

Error Code: 8004027A

No Disk in Drive

Your aspi file is f****d probably through getting a ripper from kazaa.

Go to http://www.clonecd.net/Force-Aspi.htm and download the file.

Use the killbat to erradicate the naughty aspi file which is stopping you playing DVDs then use the instbat to install the new one. Full explanation given on

file://localhost/C:/DOCUME~1/Mark/LOCALS~1/Temp/Rar$EX32.500/INDEX.HTM

It works after you reboot the pc.

Comment

• geolabuk
                  • Aug 2004

Sorry - here it is -

ForceASPI 1.7

ForceASPI is a suite of scripts designed to install the latest Adaptec ASPI layer on your Intel x86 (or compatible) 32bit Windows operating system.

ForceASPI ignores the system requirements which are imposed by Adaptec's own installer and allows you to install Adaptec ASPI 4.60 (1021) on your PC regardless of your hardware or software configuration.

The scripts which make up ForceASPI will automatically detect your operating system and install the appropriate files correctly. The following operating systems have been (breifly) tested...
                  Windows 98 Second Edition
                  Windows ME
                  Windows NT 4.0
                  Windows 2000
                  Why use ForceASPI?

These are the main reasons I created ForceASPI and why you might want to use it...
                  No ASPI Layer in Windows 2000
                  Windows 9x and Windows ME ASPI Layer sucks
                  Many CD Digital Audio rippers require a working ASPI layer
                  Many DVD Rippers require a working ASPI layer
                  Most CD-R wirting application require a working ASPI layer
                  I have been applying this hack manually on my own systems and decided to automate the process and let everyone benefit
                  Plenty of other reasons I cant be bothered to list
                  Installation

Simply extract the .ZIP file to a directory somewhere. Open a Command Prompt and run the appropriate .BAT file(s) as required.
                  Usage and Instructions

Here is a brief description of what each script does.

instASPI - Installs the latest, 4.60 (1021), Adaptec ASPI layer on Win9x,
                  WinME, WinNT and Win2K. Any existing ASPI Layers will be
                  overwritten.

dumpASPI - Creates a backup of your existing ASPI layer, or parts thereof.
                  Some Win32 operating systems do not have an ASPI layer, in this
                  situation you will create an empty backup.

restASPI - Restores the ASPI layer backup created with 'dumpASPI'.
                  WARNING! If your ASPI backp is empty this will completely erase
                  your currently installed ASPI layer.

killASPI - This will completely remove your currently installed ASPI layer.

killDUMP - The deletes your dumped ASPI layer.

I would recommend that you use ForceASPI in the following way...
                  Run dumpASPI to backup your current ASPI layer
                  Run instASPI to install the new ASPI layer
                  Reboot your PC
                  Run aspichk to see if everything worked OK

Comment

• Floppy

If all fails, you can unistall the drive itself from windows and reboot.

It may work, cant promise it will but it wont hurt trying.

But geolabuk has got a point.

Comment

Working...