Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobsagget
    • Nov 2003

Can't change DVD region...

Hello all. Recently I tried backing up a region 2 disc to region 1 format so I can play the disc on a Sony DVD player (stand-alone unit). I select the new region when burning it with Shrink DVD, however the player keeps telling me that, "viewing of the disc is prohibited." I enable AnyDVD during the burn, and I'm using DVD Copy Xpress. Any ideas? Thanks...
  • Little Raven
    • Dec 2003

Have you tried ripping it with DVDdecrypter?

It might also be a problem that your stand-alone isn't capable of playing the PAL settings in which case you would also have to convert it from PAL to NTSC.

Comment

• bobsagget
      • Nov 2003

Next issue...

Yes, thank you for that. I did discover that I need to convert a PAL DVD to NTSC. Currently, I use DVD2AVI -> BeSweet -> TMPGEnc -> TMPG DVD Author. The problem I am running into now is that the audio and video don't match up. The audio is converted at the correct speed, however the frame rate of the video is too fast for the audio. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

Comment

• rickc
        • Dec 2003

what about if....

I recently ripped a few DVD's to my HD & with DVD-shrink (shrank some DVD-9's to 4.33gigs ) checked the region free setting.

IS there away to change them back to region 1 without re-authoring the whole DVD? I mean I still have the original, just dont want to take the extra time...

thanks in advance RickC

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"IS there away to change them back to region 1 without re-authoring the whole DVD?"

1) In DVDDecrypter, from the "Tools" dropdown menu, select "IFO".

2) Select "Region Patch"

3) Select "Region 1" - Select the VIDEO_TS.IFO from your hard drive. Click on "OK". You'll see a "successful patch" message.

Comment

• megamachine
            Video Fiddler
            • Mar 2003

I have a mixed collection of DVDs from several different regions, and found the best way to play them on my stand alone player is simply changing its settings with a "DVD Region Hack," many of which you can find on the net. For software players, I've been very happy using DVDIdlePro to disable the region settings.

Comment

• rickc
              • Dec 2003

sweet!

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"sweet!"

If this means that you successfully followed my suggestion regarding DVD Decrypter - My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...