Skipping playback on Denon Standalone...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Belgarath
    • Mar 2003

Skipping playback on Denon Standalone...

I bought some dvd's during my stay in peking (China), I know they are copies, but usually they play fine.

However this one DVD, Behind Enemy Lines, will play, but it regularly stutters for about 0.1 second every 5-10 seconds, it's not so bad that the sound skips (I have had these too), but very annoying in action scenes.

I made a copy on my harddisk with DVDDecrypter and burned the vobs to a DVD+R (the same ones I always use for DVD-copies with DVD2DVD-R and work perfectly).

The copy stutters just as the 'original' and at the same positions.
    Playing back the vobs on my computer also showed the freezing effect.
    As I also noticed that the ripped vobs are exactly 4.3Gb, I concluded they used some kind of re-encoding tool to shrink the original vobs.

Obviously they did a lousy job! (I have never observed this kind of stuttering in my DVD2DVD-R re-encoded movies)

So I was wondering if there is a tool out there that will allow me to clean-up the vobs, so the movie doesn't stutter anymore.

Thanks for your time,
    Belgarath
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"So I was wondering if there is a tool out there that will allow me to clean-up the vobs, so the movie doesn't stutter anymore."

Based on what you've described, I doubt that there's any way to improve the playback...

Comment

Working...