Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mariobros
    • Jan 2004

Tv System doesnt match

I backed up a DVD region 2 and burned with Nero, but when i started playing it on my Playstation 2 it displayed an error message that read "Tv System doesnt match"
    can anyone help me with this problem?
    thanks
  • Quality's Proof
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jan 2004

Was/Is the original playable in the PS2? Was the PS2 sold to you in a Region 2 Country? Was the Region 2 disc from UK, etc. (where?)? Was the television purchased in a Region 2 country (where?)? Nobody, it seems, has wanted to answer this question.

So, do you have many of these discs to "back-up"? How many?
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• mariobros
      • Jan 2004

The original movie cant play on the PS2 because of the region setting ( The PS2 is Region 1 and the movie is Region 2)The PS2 was bought in the United States in Alabama, the Region 2 disc was bought in Spain, i think in Marbella. The television was purchased in Colombia, its a Sony, but i dont know the model....
      is only one DVD and its the same dvd that gave me trouble backing it up, Quality's Proof : you must know what the problem was because you were the one that helped me in trying to fix it but i ended up using the last change available on the DVD burner drive and therefore locking it........
      thanks for your response man

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Tv System doesnt match"

Your Region2 DVD is undoubtedly also in PAL format, while your playback system is capable of handling only NTSC...

Comment

• mariobros
          • Jan 2004

so, there is nothing that can be done to change formats?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Not readily...

(A standalone DVD player that is capable of playing/converting/outputting both formats would do the trick)

Comment

• Quality's Proof
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Jan 2004

mariobros,,

That's why I asked several questions as sometimes, the television can display a PAL dvd, even though the dvd player is a region 1 (if back-up is region-all). I would not advise buying a multi format dvd player for only a few dvd's.

There have been several PAL to NTSC threads. Unless the Colombia television is a PAL/NTSC (doubtful ?), then you'll have to wait until there is format conversion freeware available (what we have been asking for), or purchase a $200 "High Quality" software (not a good idea if only a few dvd's in PAL format). In the future, try for the Japanese version if no US version available.

Have you tried the freeware dvd43 (to change region of dvd-rom to rip foreign dvd's)? You could visit Doom9.org for the free download link.
              Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...