Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nupur
    • Feb 2004

Akai DVD-10000

Just picked up this desktop dvd player for a decent price - US$107 - about the best you can get here for a branded piece.

Its a basic player, but it has most of the features that I was looking for: DVD/S/VCD/CD-R/W/MP3/Dolby Digital Decoding, etc etc. The quality of both video and sound is great so I'm quite happy with it. Except when I play MP3 CDs and it shows me only 6 characters of the filename so I get a menu with this:

01_-_K
    02_-_K
    03_-_K

Ugly.

Anyway, my real question is the model number. This is a piece made in china, and the model number sounds totally fake - DVD-10000 ? Here in India you get lots of electronic with strange model numbers that have no original US/EU/Japanese counterparts, unless its actually imported. How do I find out the real model number of this thing?

Using the model number I can look for more info about this thing on the net .. possibly region-free codes (if its not that way already) and perhaps some firmware updates that can improve the MP3 title thing?

I really like the display on the unit. the entire front face has a mirror finish and the digits just glow outta nowhere .. check it out i'll post a picture...pretty sweet.

- Nupur
    Attached Files
Working...