X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sahayji
    • Mar 2004

Windows does not shut down

Dear Sir,

Whenever I use the DVD Shrink to burn DVD and try to shut down the PC, the PC, I get the message "Window Is Shutting Down" but the PC never gets shutoff.

I have window xp home edition, 1GB RAM and 40 GB free hard disk space. I use the DVD Shrink 3.1 vs.

I have checked the following in the "Preferences" in the DVD Shrink:
    DVD Size DVD-5(4.7)GB
    Automatically open VIDEO_TS subfolder
    Run Analysis in low priority

Please let me know why my Window does not shuts down after I finish burning

Can anyone help me to resolve this problem. Thanks in advance
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Windows not shutting down has long been a problem Sahayji but not necessarily Shrink's fault.
    Can we clarify something? Which application are you using to burn the disc as Shrink doesn't burn, merely rips, compresses and recompiles.
    I know there are options in something I've seen to "Shutdown PC when complete". Is this what you are doing or are you trying to manually shutdown?
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• sahayji
      • Mar 2004

Thanks for the reply. I am using Nero 6.0 to burn the DVD. I check the option to shut down the PC when complete, but the window does not shut down. I have to manualy shut the electrical power supply off or force shut down.
      Is there anything we can do

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

I know from experience there are one-offs where the PC just can't finish rewriting all the files it thinks it needs to in order to shutdown, but if your problem is repeatable and consistent I wonder if you might need to go into the BIOS settings at startup and check your Power Management settings.
        Maybe enable it if it's currently disabled or vice versa.

Your Nero version number raises an issue maybe already addressed - is it 6.0.0.28 or newer?
        Last edited by sfheath; 14 Apr 2004, 05:42 PM.
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• sahayji
          • Mar 2004

Thanks once again

The power management setting is ok. Is there anything with DVD shrink which may prevent the shut down because when I use Nero to burn other items, pc shuts down properly.
          Any suggesstions

Comment

• decryptit
            • Jan 2004

I would suggest you to get the latest updates for windows perhaps this may solve this issue.If the problem persists then
            its a conflict with your drivers or with the os its self espacially if you are using xp or 98.If you are using 98 they may be several reasons most likely to be low resources and therfore failing to shutdown.On the other hand xp might not handle well the program and therfore fails to close it eventhough the process is finished.Make sure shrink is closed permanently ,cause it might be running like some programs do in the backround.
            Check windows task manager in xp to se if the program is still running & Close program in win 98.
            Total Number Of Views
            Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• decryptit
              • Jan 2004

By the way i don't see this problem FITTING IN THE REGION-FREE FORUM.
              Total Number Of Views
              Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

Working...