Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riptou
    • Nov 2004

QSI DVDRW SDW-041 DU05 region crack

I just bought a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo, and my DVDRW is a QSI DVDRW SDW-041 DU05 and I am trying to find something to make it region free.
    Does anyone have any info for me.
    Thanks
    riptou
  • chris_kudoskin
    • Nov 2004

Hey peeps i'm new to this forum. I also have the same problem with my amilo pro but the thing that bothers me the most is that my DVDRW does not support writing DVD-R and DVD-RW but only DVD+R and DVD+RW.

As for cracking the region reader i suggest you use software rather than flashing your drive... it's much safer. Hopre to see some replies

Comment

• BATHMAN
      • Nov 2004

Region Free

Hi There

look at www.slysoft.com for a SW called ANY DVD ( Version 4.1.0.1 )

this SW works like a driver in the background and makes your DVD ROM or Burner drive Region Free and helps you with any kind of Copy Protection even for some Audio CDs

for more Infos look on the website - its avaible in several languages - i don´t know if it´s legal in your home country but
      it works

you can use a SW called DVD REGION FREE which does about the same but you have to look for it on google

Greetings

Bathman

Comment

• riptou
        • Nov 2004

thanks for the tip.

riptou

Comment

• chris_kudoskin
          • Nov 2004

Thanks Bathman

I have one further question if you don't mind... As i had mentioned before i have another thing that's bothering me, that is, the fact that my dvd writer only writes on DVD+Rs and not DVD-R. Is there any available firmware update that you know that might solve this prob

Thanks mate

Comment

• BATHMAN
            • Nov 2004

DVD +R & DVD -R

Hi

As I Know the AMILO Notebooks are from FUJITSU SIEMENS. I don´t know if there is a Update for the Firmware for this task but u can look at www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk or via google with the exact type number of your DVD burner.

Sorry that I don´t have more info but I´am lucky that all of my DVD Burners have MULTI NORM so they can do DVD-R and DVD+R from the beginning.

Greetings

Comment

• chris_kudoskin
              • Nov 2004

ok mate thanks for your help, i'll see what i can find there.

Text you later

Comment

Working...