Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jezzer
    • Feb 2005

jerky dvd playback on bought dvds

hi all new on this site, i dont usually need help but this has got me ive got a multi region dvd player, i put in scoobydoo its region 1 , and played it and straight from the start of that film it was jerking but only with the slow scenes when the picture goes from left to right and vice-versa&when there is a slow scene going from to to bottom, i went into the menu of my dvd player went into the bit where you can change the tv settings pal/ntsc, it was set to pal so i changed it to ntsc, played the dvd again and the jerky bits seemed to of gone, i got a bit closer to the tv to make sure it had gone, but it still was jerky. but not noticeable to most people (trust me to have a keen eye) then i tried scoobydoo 2 its region 2 once again i played it and i could notice the jerky movement, i went into the menu on the dvd player changed it to from ntsc to pal and guess what it was hardly noticeable. this happens to a lot of my bought dvds, and it happens on all 3 of my dvd players which are different makes. whats going on any ideas? hope someone has the answer
    Last edited by jezzer; 14 Feb 2005, 09:29 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You are apparently purchasing DVDs from differing regions. Region 2 DVDs are PAL, Region 1 DVDs are NTSC...

Comment

• jezzer
      • Feb 2005

yep i have different region dvds, but why does the picture flicker when there is a slow moving scene, this happens on all dvds on all regions. ive never seen it flicker before.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Which is it??

In your first post, you indicated that by changing the player's setting, the "flicker" virtually disappeared.

Now you say, "why does the picture flicker when there is a slow moving scene, this happens on all dvds on all regions. ive never seen it flicker before."

Comment

• jezzer
          • Feb 2005

ive not changed what ive said, it says when i change the dvd player to pal if its a region 2 dvd the, flicker virtually disappeares but is still there. virtually does not mean its gone.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Check your cable connections...

If it's happening on happens on all 3 of your dvd players, AND they're hooked up to 3 different televisions, perhaps your building's wiring is the source of your problem...

(Region 1 is in NTSC format, Region 2 is in PAL format)

Comment

Working...