Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidscott
    • May 2005

backup copy info

I hope someone can fill me in on what program I can use to check info on a dvd backup copy.

I made a large number of backup copies of my movies and burned them at max speed on my new pioneer dvr-a08xl recorder. After making a lot of copies I went to watch them and found that there was some skipping/pixelating on many of the discs. As a result, I slowed the burn speed and have no problems with any copies since.

My problem is this.....What program can I use to check the backup copies that will indicate the burner that was used and the speed that it was burned at?

If I can find out what program can show me this then I can know what copies I should probably redo.

thanks,
    scott
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i suggest using the nero log for this purpose(if you use it).
    i'm not sure of a program that can determine what you need, other posters may...
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

There is not a program I am aware of that will tell you what burner was used, how fast your burn it, etc.

DVDINFOPro can be used to check the quality of the burn though. It will tell you if there are any errors on the disc. - http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Actually, DVDInfoPro CAN tell you what burner was used to burn a DVD - provided that the media is either DVD-R or DVD-RW.

Just click on the "Advanced Commands" and select "Read burn info from media DVD-R/RW"...

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

ok thanks, I was not aware of that.

Doesn't help me though as I burn to +R.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Perhaps it will be beneficial to "davidscott"...

Comment

• jmet
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2002

Perhaps indeed..........Perhaps not also...........

Comment

Working...