Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dignityy
    • May 2005

Lord of the Rings Fellowship

I copied fellowship to my HD over the weekend and had some problems when I played it back with Media Player classic. Upon viewing the movie in "Full Screen Mode" there are thin horizontal lines evenly spaced across the screen about an inch or so apart. No other movie has ever given me these results? I have the new Dell 20.5" widescreen and a Gforce 6800. If I leave it in normal viewing size or even stretch it out a little this is not a problem, just when selecting full screen mode. Any ideas?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Does the original DVD display the same behaviour if you play it under Media Player Classic?

Comment

• dignityy
      • May 2005

I tried the original in Media Player Classic and got the same results. I had just done a complete reformat of my system this week... anyway I reinstalled the video drivers again and that fixed the problem. Thanks for trying to help.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I reinstalled the video drivers again and that fixed the problem."

Glad to hear you resolved your dilemma ;>}

Welcome to the Digital Video Forums of Digital Digest

Comment

• dignityy
          • May 2005

Does anybody have any experience with playing this movie with different levels of compression? I ripped disc 1 at 26% compression and another at 0%, I am going to take them over to my friends house who has a like a 60" widescreen HDTV super expensive television or whatever and see if I can tell the difference(i.e. from no compression to the 25%). When I get the results I'll post back.

Comment

• dignityy
            • May 2005

Well I burned the first disc of fellowship at 26% compression and played it on my friends big screen TV and it looked just fine. I couldn't really tell if there was any difference. Cool...

Comment

Working...