Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackPearl
    • May 2004

Random pixelation on playback using quaity media

DVD-R burned with Nero 6 has inclusions (macroblocking?) on playback. None of my other backups do this. This latest burn seens to play better the cheaper the standalone players are. Panasonic (worst), Daewoo (better, slightly), Apex1000 (flawless), PC ROM (flawless) files off HD (flawless). Can someone help out I'm tired of making coasters.

Proccedure:

Typical tools for typical file generation

Burn with Nero 6 (like always) using Verbatim media, burn speed 2X - 4X makes no difference, The only difference is that both media is Verbatim. Some are Movietime (with the printed movie reel on them) the new stuff is Datalife with the same dye(this is the problem disk) I can't believe there is such a quality swing within the same brand??? Opinions??

Thanks much
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

How much compression is being used?

Has your DVD player been on (in use) before you played the movie? - It could be that the player is getting hot. I know I have a movie that plays flawlessly if the DVD player has been turned off but, say I have watched 2 movies before I put this one in, I experience freezing & pixelation. So it might be that the player is just getting too hot.
    Last edited by jmet; 12 Jun 2005, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• BlackPearl
      • May 2004

These were tested after a burn on several player in the house no were on or in use for many days. No compression used on burns. I'm having a lot of trouble getting software to function on Win2k without hanging. I am suspecting that it may be due to this...I don't know why, so far ReJig, and Nero hangup during processes.

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2004

I'm having a lot of trouble getting software to function on Win2k without hanging. I am suspecting that it may be due to this...I don't know why, so far ReJig, and Nero hangup during processes.
        perhaps you have other burn/rip progs/drivers that conflict (?)

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To BlackPearl

"DVD-R burned with Nero 6 has inclusions (macroblocking?) on playback. None of my other backups do this. This latest burn seens to play better the cheaper the standalone players are."

It sounds like you are talking about ONE DVD backup copy in particualr. If so, what is the title of the DVD? The Region code? Are you copying an ORIGINAL, commercial DVD, or "something else"?

"This latest burn seens to play better the cheaper the standalone players are. Panasonic (worst), Daewoo (better, slightly), Apex1000 (flawless), PC ROM (flawless) files off HD (flawless)."

You might want to try running a DVD/CD cleaning disc on the Panasonic and Daewoo players. Maxell makes one that retails for approximately $10US...

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...
          "Necessity is the Mother of Invention" - NOT a quote by Frank Zappa

Comment

• intellution
            • Jun 2005

I have similar experiences as black pearl, but not as bad...noticed that my back up DVDs are not as fine as the original copy played with the same stand alone player (in my case an LG DVD player with multi-region setting), hope somebody can help me on this. Also using Verbatim DataLife Plus as always. No compression. Using a Benq 1620 burner, DVD Decrypter and Nero 6 Ultra.

As to the software funtion with Win2K. Had expereinces of similar nature (hanging PC and software conflict/errors) when Win2K is not updated to SP4. If your PC is not updated maybe you could try.

Comment

Working...