Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thinkly
    • Jun 2005

Recorded in Stand Alone. Won't Play.

I need help. My dad is a basketball coach and he "thought" he was getting a DVD professionally made for his team. He sent the guy a dvd with lots of video clips.

He recorded these clips on a stand alone DVD recorder using a Memorex DVD -RW. It plays fine in the stand alone. However, the guy says he can't open it on any of his PC's.

Problem is that it took the guy 6 weeks to report this to my father. Now my dad only has a couple weeks before these kids go off to college and he doesn't have a DVD to give them.

I want to help him out by putting something together for him using Windows Movie Maker. He has to travel 100 miles to bring me the DVD tomorrow. Does anyone know what i need to open this? I have a DVD burner and have a trial version of PowerDVD on my PC. It has played every DVD i have tried so far.

What should i do in the event that it won't open in mine either? Thanks for any help! I know i can make him a good highlight video if i can open the DVD.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Download and use MPC (Media Player Classic) - http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=84358

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To Thinkly

Since it was recorded on a "tabletop" recorder, it may have been recorded with .VRO files.

"TMPGEnc DVD Author" can readily deal with .VRO files.

You can obtain a FULLY functional free 30 day trial version of this commercial program at:

TMPGEnc,DVD Author,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,Pegasys,TSUNAMI,authoring,digital,video,DVD-Video,AVI,converter,convert,movie,movies

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. Most times, simple is better;>}

Comment

• artiesto
        • Jul 2005

any ideas as to why I can copy a commercial dvd and play it on my stand alone player but when I download an avi file, recode it and burn it, it will not play on my stand alone player. In all cases I burn with Nero, DVDshrink. I forget the name of the program I use to recode with but when I open both discs, the files are the same. Are there other hidden files or? Help please
        artiesto

Comment

Working...