Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaymo
    • Dec 2005

DVD sound out of sync

I recently burned the film Hackers 2 onto a dvd from an .avi file, but when i went to play the dvd on a normal average dvd player the sound was out of sync with the video. Does anyone know what could of made this happen? and what i can do to fix it or stop it happening from playing again?

Many Thanks

Jaymo
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

what procedures did you use to get the avi on the dvd?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jaymo
      • Dec 2005

Well i used the program called Apollo Divx/Xvid to DVD. Seemed straight-forward of adding the .avi file and the apollo program converts and burns it to disc for you. This is why im confused that the audio was out of sync with the video by about 3/4 seconds.

Jaymo
      Last edited by jaymo; 16 Dec 2005, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

i see. never used that software before. does it not have any audio correction settings? is the audio out of sync the same amont anywhere in the clip? does the original playback with good sound?

at the end of this guide is a program to correct audio
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jaymo
          • Dec 2005

Is basically has no options for this program except where you want to put the temp files, what aspect ratio you want and if you want NTSC or PAL version. Im burning another film now and i will test that one out and get back to you. wont be long.

Jay

Comment

Working...