what all formats does my dvd player play ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alykhalil
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2005

what all formats does my dvd player play ?

i have a proline DVd1050 dvd player which till some days back played DVD+-/R & RW but it dont anymore...i wasted 4 blank dvd to backup my films but they just dont play. I have played DVd+Rw's for months and they were fine, even DVd+- R were fine but not anymore...just normal DVDs play...what could be the problem ? how can i find out what all formats my dvd player can play ?

thank you
  • Cambion7
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by alykhalil
    i have a proline DVd1050 dvd player which till some days back played DVD+-/R & RW but it dont anymore...i wasted 4 blank dvd to backup my films but they just dont play. I have played DVd+Rw's for months and they were fine, even DVd+- R were fine but not anymore...just normal DVDs play...what could be the problem ? how can i find out what all formats my dvd player can play ?

thank you
    According to VideoHelp it will do +/-R and +/-RW. Are you saying that the DVD backups you have used to play just fine but not anymore? Are these scratched in any way?

Regards,
    Cambion7
    Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
    - Confidence

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

have you changed the brand/media ID of your blank dvd's

Comment

• alykhalil
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Apr 2005

yes..the dvd used to play in all my players but the same media dont play anymore...it plays at times and most of the time it dont. the black media is not even scratched..i mean with 3 same dvd players and the media plays in 1 player and the other 2 shows as disc error or No disc...cannot understand that though...

Comment

• Cambion7
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by alykhalil
          yes..the dvd used to play in all my players but the same media dont play anymore...it plays at times and most of the time it dont. the black media is not even scratched..i mean with 3 same dvd players and the media plays in 1 player and the other 2 shows as disc error or No disc...cannot understand that though...
          You may want to aquire a DVD/CD Player cleaner. The one I have has a brush on it. I put it in, it is seen as a music CD, and I play track 1, which has the brush. After about 20 seconds it stops with an error, but the lens is now clean. Give this a try and let us know if that worked or not.

Regards,
          Cambion7
          Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
          - Confidence

Comment

• chrisscott85
            • Jan 2006

Sort of similar...

Hi

I have no idea wot formats most standrd front room style dvd players accept?

do they accept xvids copied onto dVD-R's?

Please help!

Thanks

Comment

• anthnyajp
              • Jan 2006

Yes, what formats will a DVD player play? If i download a movie from Morpeus or Limewire, and burn them to a DVD, will they play in my dvd player or playstation 2 ????

Comment

Working...