Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ltlejigger
    • Apr 2002

Frustration With DVD Software

Hi I've noticed that Windvd (when tweaked with DVDgenie) is amazing when you put it in amplified mode. No full rage mode. My klipschs were louder and 60 and a 1/4 windows volume then powerdvd 70 windows half volume..... the problem here is that windvd doesn't support center channel with my klipsch 5.1's. I have to go to creatives stupid mixer and select CMSS mode on. In order to get center channel in winDVD. WinDVD makes my speakers sound better then they already are it's just CMSS degrades the quality. I wish powerdvd and windvd were put together. Or they make a program that gives a amplified option in powerdvd....I've tried amplifying powerdvd but no go. I hope they make a better windvd or better creative software. Why should I have to go out and buy a whole new soundcard just to do 5.1 in everything with crystal clear sound, when I can tweak my DVD playing with DVD genie. But DVD genie gives the amplified option only to windvd, why not powerDVD. WTF are they against something. Powerdvd will do the clearest 5.1 for anolog klipschs but windvd is louder and sounds more powerful. What u think I should do? Spend 170% on klipschs dd decoder, which will give me the extra volume or wait and see what software comes out. I still don't see the point in getting that if I have a 5.1 sound card. I just want that extra volume that DVD genie allows WinDVD to have and that Clarity that powerDVD has all in one. HELP, what should i do?
Working...