Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jp2racing
    • Mar 2006

toshiba sd-2800

hi there, i just bought an anime movie from japan. placed it in my toshiba sd-2800 and doesn't work. Later i found out that this dvd player does not play japanese region 2 discs. Is there a way to play them? i looked up dvd365.net, their method of using the remote, didn't work. Help me out!!! i really want to see this anime movie!!! thanks from mark email me or post!! PLEASE!! jp1racing@hotmail.com
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the <a href="http://forum.digital-digest.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item">Digital Video Forums</a> jp2racing!

You could go the hard and often undesirable result method by converting the PAL video stream to NTSC so that it will play but, I recommend just getting a DVD player that is capable of playing both format streams. Cyberdome makes ones for a cheap price. Please give me a sec to search for it. The BestBuy site and Circuit City site are both down for maintenance.

I am pretty sure its under $40.

Edit: I would also advise you to remove your email address from your post, unless you like getting spam mail out the wazoo!

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

The player you have is a region 1 USA and Canada,

Some movies you can backup region free with DVDShrink. I would try that.

I had bought a region 3 DVD once I didn’t realize it wasn’t my region and I backed it up region free.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Here it is at "amazon.com" - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282

BestBuy sells the same one though if you have a BestBuy near you.

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

photoangel, that would work except for the PAL video stream. Our TV's and the majority of DVD players do not support PAL video streams. (I know for sure that one doesn't cause I own the same one, heck it doesn't even support DVD+R media.)
          Last edited by jmet; 9 Mar 2006, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

. Unfortunately, UK users the PAL video formatting while Japan is NTSC

that movie may be NTSC I would try to back it up region free.

Comment

• jmet
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2002

I thought you were from the US. LOL

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                Queen of Digital Video
                Queen of Digital Video
                • Jan 2004

I am from the USA LOL

I have bought by mistake DVD's in other regions

You can get DVDShrink here:
                UPSers account of United Parcel Service is a Delivery Services & Package Handler used by an Ups Employee having User Id and Password in United States. UPSers portal in Supply […]

I almost forgot with this DVD player you will have to use DVD-R this player cant read DVD+R
                Last edited by photo_angel2004; 9 Mar 2006, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• bill7621
                  It could be worse.
                  • Jun 2005

jp2racing, One of my players is the SD 2800 and I remember reading about some hacks, so I started searching and found this one that seems like it's what you want. Go Here and try what they recommend. I've never tried this, so let us know if it works! I'm curious.
                  Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed!

Comment

Working...