Which software DVD player takes advantage of the ATI card's hardware acceleration?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • corniker
    • May 2002

Which software DVD player takes advantage of the ATI card's hardware acceleration?

Hi,

Glad to be a part of the forum!

I currently own an ATI All in Wonder 128 Pro which has hardware assisted DVD playback. I'm trying to find out if there are any software DVD players currently available that will take advantage of this feature.

I have created a couple of DVDs of home videos using Ulead's Movie Factory. Since I don't have a DVD-R drive yet, I am viewing these DVDs off of my hard drive. ATI's own DVD Player will player the VOB files but for some reason is will not show the chapter selection screen. I believe this is because it will only recognize VOB files and not .ifo files.

ZoomPlayer however does recognize .ifo files and can play everything just fine, even the chapter selection screen. However, I don't believe it takes advantage of ATI's hardware assisted playback.

As a result, I'm searching for a player that will read .ifo files off the drive and playback the entire video while utilizing my card's hardware features.

Thanks!
Working...