X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dhyane
    • Jul 2008

DVD Player won't Play Burned DVD

hi there,
    i'm new to all this burning,converting files to dvd.here is my problem. i used ConvertXtoDVD to convert and burn the avi file to dvd.everything was successful until i tried to play the dvd with my dvd player. my dvd player kept rejecting the disc and i got this message 'please check disc'

my dvd player : TOSHIBA DVD VIDEO PLAYER SD K310
    the dvd i used : SAMSUNG PLEOMAX DVD + R16X

software : ConvertXtoDVD v3.1.0.26

my dvd burner(internal) BenQ

i also have Nero software but i seldom use that. what is wrong? did i burn the file wrongly?is my dvd player incompatible? what type of media should i use? DVD-RW?DVD-R? DVD+R? i'm confused with all the '+/- ' next to the DVD type disc...

please please help...
    Last edited by Chewy; 17 Jul 2008, 08:11 PM.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Talk about converting to DVDs, encoding in MPEG-2 for DVD compliance, as well as DVD playback and DVD region-free discussions

I would test in another dvd player, that one is very old and rare, I found little on that model at all

Does the dvd play in the computer?

Comment

• dhyane
      • Jul 2008

hi,
      thanks for replying

yes,the burned dvd plays on any computer..

damm..does it mean,i have to buy a new dvd player??

is there anyway i can do somethind about this??maybe a little chance at playing the dvd on that player?say,change software?nero?

Comment

• dhyane
        • Jul 2008

it's ok..i've solved the issue..many people don't know this but most of the time,the problem lies with the type/brand of media used..

i bought some Imation dvd+r discs..burned the dvd file onto it and voila!..i can play the dvd on my 'old' dvd player now..aren't i smart?

BTW,earlier i used samsung pleomax dvd+r discs...

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

we use media code to identify the blanks

I would suspect another problem with that first burn

Comment

• dhyane
            • Jul 2008

hi chewy,

thank you so much for that wonderful link..made my earlier comment sound awfully silly

anyways,now i know what kind of media/dvd type to get..

thanks again..!

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

Hi dhyane. Welcome. Not only is the best thing to do is buy quality media, you might want to get yourself a generic dvd player. They're really affordable and will play just about anything. Best Buy's Insignia brand goes for about $25 or so. I learned the hard way believe me. The senior members all suggested quality media when I first joined and it's just about 3 0r 4 mos. now that I took the suggestion. Bottom line is I've been transferring all my video work to ty and some had evaporated from the original discs which were hp. Never again will I use inferior blank discs.
              SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...