X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • artemix
    • Jan 2003

how do you disable macrovision?

Two Questions:# 1
    I need to know if anyone can help me to disable the Macrovision effect: (RCA model)DVD player to TV . Image is viewable but B&W (not flickering); a small rainbow on the bottom of the screen appears.
    Can I download software for the DVD to fix this problem? Or should I concentrate with the output from the DVD to the TV?
    How do you eliminate the macrovision from a DVD that has one of those "tamper -chip". ? It worked the first time then once turned off ...the player reset it self . Macrovision set up menu can be accessed with remote controller but it reset itself .

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • angrysoul
    • Jan 2003

try getting tvtool...I forgot where the website is tho. It's a shareware. I'm having the same problem as you...but it doesn't work for me...maybe it will for you. good luck.

Comment

• thePest
      • Feb 2003

Boy I read this a lot.

3 ways that I can inform you Guys & Gals on how to use a DVD standalone to get around Macrovision

The signal is in the player not the Disc. The disc sends the signal for the player to turn on.

#1 Try to locate an RF module converter. This acts like your TV receiver and is set for channel 3 or 4[img]
      http://www.radioshack.com/images/Pro...15/15-1214.jpg[/img]

#2 Any VCR made before 1984 came with a stabilizer chip built in because a famous TV manufacture had a problem with horizontal roll. Along with ANY Beta VCR can also do this. {note: if you copy it onto a Beta tape the signal will still be there! But only on the tape.}

#3 There still is a Video copymaster made by Sima the removes Macrovision. plug your Svideo or RCA jack into it.

#4 Rip the DVD using your puter to VCD/SVCD/DVDr/rw and play it on a DVD standalone.
      Last edited by thePest; 6 Feb 2003, 03:54 PM.
      A Pest can be anything, Water, Animal, pollution, even a plant. A junk yard dog getting into your Garbage can be a Pest!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To artemix

Is your standalone DVD player connected DIRECTLY to your television, or through a VCR and then to the television?

Do you have your television set to the proper channel (In the US it's usually Channel 2 or 3), as prescribed by the DVD player instruction booklet?

"Image is viewable but B&W (not flickering); a small rainbow on the bottom of the screen appears."

That sounds more like poor cable quality or poor connections rather than the effects of Macrovision...

Comment

• thunderburn
          • Feb 2003

let me guess your only getting part of the viewable picture also ill bet the dvd your playing is encoded in pal format this format is used across seas, there may be a chance you can patch your dvd player to play this format search on the net for your mopdel number of player and patch and pal format your player probably only plays ntsc

Comment

• khp
            The Other
            • Nov 2001

As I understand it, B&W picture is usually caused by connecting a S-Video output on the PC to a composite video input on the TV.
            Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
            http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• SKD_Tech
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2003

You can get TV-Tool from most p2p probrams but make sure you aren't getting a pirated version cuz that is illeagal

Comment

• SKD_Tech
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Jan 2003

sorry went dumb there for a sec TV-Tool is shareware

Comment

Working...