X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juggernaught
    • Feb 2003

Geforce4 MX - Macrovision noone knows how to fix it

hi ya'll

i have a geforce4 mx 460 (leadtek winfast a170TD PRO myvivo) anyway it seems to have macrovision on tv in and out, when i capture anything with macrovision it puts a big goofy white bar across it. I've checked out numberous sites/forums and noone knows how to stop the macrovision on tv-out on geforce4 mxes (its built into the chip you see... unlike prettymuch every other card) if anyone knows how to disable it in or out, let me know.

Chris

Athlon XP 1800+
    256meg ddr
    geforce4 mx460
    100gb
  • juggernaught
    • Feb 2003

(i forgot to mension....)

I forgot to mension that i have the macrovision TV-out probs WITHOUT PLAYING A DVD, i don't even have a DVD-rom... i find this grossly unfair, i was just trying to record a powerpoint presentation onto a VHS tape

Comment

• iker
      • May 2003

I have the same problem, and no solution, I tried a software named tvtool which is supoussed to disable macrovision, didn't work form, but might work for you, so, try it.

PLease email me if you get a solution

edubijes@yahoo.com

Iker Rivera

Comment

• Comberman
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Aug 2002

I've also experienced this back-handed security feature on VHS tapes. 'fraid the only cure is a soldering iron, some solder, a de-soldering pump and a course in basic electronics.
        Genius creates what it must; talent creates what it can.

Comment

Working...