Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmarja
    • Mar 2003

Playing Films on the TV

I have had to recently reinstall my PC with XP Prof.
    Anyway I ususally piped my downloaded films to a TV. I have managed to install XVID and Nimo and Various other Codecs so the film will play.

Basically the films play perfectly on my monitor, but on my TV screen, I get the picture in glorious colour and the Audio is perfect but if I try to play the film I get a blank screen inside the movie player software, and I have tried a few pieces of software. Although on my monitor I can see the film fine, but not on the TV.

The only thing I have not done yet, is installed the original Xvid codec, rather than one that I recently downloaded. Has anyone else had this problem, where they can see their monitor screen on their TV, but films being played are a blank screen, its so annoying.
  • Qyd
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Oct 2002

If the avi plays fine on the monitor it is not the codecs creating the problem, but the settings of your tv-out video card

Comment

• pmarja
      • Mar 2003

I have solved this issue, I have used a shareware prog called TvTool, works perfectly on the TV now.

Comment

• infernall
        • Apr 2003

For Media Player 9 Users, Video overlay might be causing your movies not to display on yout TV. I couldn't get even divx to play before I disabled Overlay. Here's how. In Media Player 9, Click the Tools bar, Options, Performance, Click Advanced, and uncheck Video Overlay.

Also, I have a HIS Gforce2 Mx 400 card with tv out, I can now watch everything but DVD on my tv out. I used the cinesoft trick a year or so ago, but I cannot find a download for the codec and the program anymore. the link @ http://www.geocities.com/scinemaster/ doesnt work for download anymore. Please reply if you know how i can get this macrovision struck down.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2003

Ok stop advertising your stupid bullcrap. We are talking about AVI's not DVD's here start reading and stop crap-posting

Yes crap and cross posting

Comment

• passingby
            • May 2003

I had the same problem when i change my ATI All in Wonder 7500 for an ATI All in Wonder 8500DV. After activating the TV in the software of the ATI you have another button to click on at the bottom. I don't remember the name of that button (I'm at work). If this concern you i could give you more information later.

Comment

Working...