• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeylikess99
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Sep 2003

hi whoami

hi there, thanx for that info..but im havin a heck of a time trying to find cross bar settings,,,can u explain how to find theses settings,,thanx in advance ...

Comment

• mikeylikess99
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Sep 2003

audio

ok here a lil bit of info on what im using;aver media pro card and it attached to vcr with composites...thats is three coloured jacks...still no audio..but excellent video..

Comment

• whoami
        • Jan 2005

the comments section and forum here:
        AverMedia DVD EZMaker Pro - VideoHelp Capture Card features, compatibility and comments.

might be helpful

someone suggests you need to connect the two audio composites to the line-in on your soundcard (using a cable that has one end like a stereo headphone jack)

and in that case iuvcr should be setup this way:

your audio card name will probably be different of course, but u get the idea

Comment

• whoami
          • Jan 2005

oh and crossbar thingies:

Comment

• whoami
            • Jan 2005

tip: make sure the line-in sound recording level is not too high or it will make clipping sounds

Comment

• mikeylikess99
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Sep 2003

no audio

hi whoami.....ok ive done all that has been described...still no sound....one thing im not sure bout is the pcm.in audio compression..not that this would make or not make it have souind .or type of audio,which do u use..thanx in advance...gettin a bit frustrating...thanx

Comment

• whoami
                • Jan 2005

i just use pcm (and compress it to mp3 later separately)
                but yeah it shouldnt matter what compression it is set to, you should be able to hear sound through your speakers anyway (providing it is not muted)

if you can't hear anything, you could try going into control panel, open up sound and audio devices, and go to the [Audio] Tab then press the [Volume] Button (the second one under recording section):

in the volume window that comes up, line-in should be selected, (or on some sound cards; have 'mute' UNselected):

(it goes without saying, but, make sure the audio is connected to the correct input on your sound card - if you're not sure u can try a different one until you can hear it)
                (also, a few tv/vcr have volume controls that also effect the audio output too)

if you can actually hear it yourself when it is live, but it just isn't recording it, i'm not sure what the problem could be

make sure the volume adjustment on this window is turned up enough:

that's all i know
                if NONE of that works, try the audio inputs on your capture card again, maybe try updating drivers, etc
                Last edited by whoami; 29 Jan 2005, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• danofan59
                  • Feb 2005

Not long ago, I purchased a Go Video dual-deck VCR. I didn't realize at the time that they no longer manufactured them with the ability to defeat copyguard. Someone told me that somewhere on the internet is information as to how to remove the chip in the VCR that reacts to the Macrovision. However, I've not been able to find such a web page. Can anyone help?

I'm feeding into an eMac with iMovie software, if anyone has any other suggestions. I'm trying to convert some old VHS titles that may never see the light of day on DVD.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...