X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evers238
    • Feb 2002

light/darkness in tv out mode

Hello (sorry for bad english)
    When i rent a dvd movie and play it on my pc with(power dvd 3.0 - hitachi dvd rom gd 5000 - and videocart voodoo 3dfx 16 mb)everything looks good ON my monitor but when i change my videosettings to tv out and watch the movie on my tv it glow's from light to dark all the time
    Is there a little tool or something to change that. i can watch the movie on my television (i'll here that it is a protection against public sharing but i'll here also that there is something to do about it thanxxxx greatings from holland
  • ironwood321
    • Mar 2002

The effect you are seeing is called macrovision.

I use a video stabilser box i picked up failry cheaply from a local electronics store and this regenerates the sync and level information effectivly removing macrovission and will allow me to record the signal trough my TV to my vcr.

Comment

• Talasonic
      • Feb 2002

Yes, that is definately macrovision. Although this is supposed to only prevent people from copying movies, it does affect some TVs as well. If you are unfortunate enough to have one of those TVs, you're kind of screwed.

However, I'm betting you are running it through your VCR. If so, plug it directly into your TV and watch your problem disappear instantly.

If you are plugging directly into your TV and still experiencing the problem or if you want to run it through a VCR or copy DVDs, you need to disable macrovision. You need a Sima SED-CM. You can buy it here: http://www.videoguys.com/sima.htm#sedcm It might be cheaper somewhere else.

Note-DVD macrovision is a lot more pervasive than normal VHS macrovision because it is generated in the player. Normal macrovision eliminators do not work.

Comment

Working...