Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlashIFO
    • Feb 2002

alternative way with no macrovision

I have a laptop, so there is no driver available to remove directly the macrovision. Here what I do to play my dvd without macrovision: I use a ripper (clad dvd v2.0 or dvd decrypter) to put my dvd on my hard drive (you need between 5 to 9 gig of free space), the full dvd must be selected and in the option select remove macrovision and don't skip multi-angles. the destination must be something like this c:\VIDEO_TS ... once the rip is done, you can play it directly with windvd 3.0 or newer, cinemaster99. there is an other tric to play it with the free software zoom player 2.3 or newer, which I prefer because zoom player is optimize for tv-out. The tric is you have to have a dvd movie in your dvd drive any ... it does't matter wich movie it is, when you start zoom player in dvd mode and press play, it will play the movie in c:\VIDEO_TS.
  • Talasonic
    • Feb 2002

I know! I've been thinking this for years ever since ripping became so easily possible. Copy protection is always just half-assed at best, it seems. Now anybody can buy an 80 dollar Apex at Circuit City and pop in a burned CD made from a 200k file and they have region-free macrovision free. I don't know why they bother trying.

Comment

Working...