X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeyt
    • Mar 2002

tv out & GForce3

Hi,
    I recently bought a new computer (P4 1.6GHz) with a GeForce3 Ti200 graphics card with TV Out capablilities. Both S Video and Composite cable connections on the back of the card.

I bought a 10m long (needed to get from PC to TV) Belkin gold cable with Composite connector at one end and scart at the other. Two separate audio cables are included aswell.

When I connect the composite to the graphics card (back of PC)and the scart to the back of the TV I get no pictures on the TV. I think I am connecting the cables correctly-----I use the same scart socket (AV1) on the back of the TV that I use for my PlayStation and that automatically tunes into AV1 channel. I connected the audio cable to my sound card and to the scart connector. When I play mp3s on the pc I get good quality sound out of the TV(so the audio cable works!!).

When I go to Control Panel, Settings........Nvidia device, monitor, the check box against 'anologue monitor' is ticked but the option for 'TV' below is 'greyed out' so that I cannot select it, as though the PC is not detecting the TV.

I have turned off the PC, disconnected the monitor, connected the TV to the graphics card and turned the PC back on, but no luck. I have also changed the cable for a new one and no luck there either. I have tried the main 28" TV (3 yrs old) and two 14" portable TVs (brand new).

TV encoder is Phillips 7102.
    Graphics driver 6.13.10.23.11

Can anyone help ????
  • mikeyt
    • Mar 2002

update

Since posting the above, I have downloaded a 'demo' version of TVTool V6.0 which lets me select the composite outlet from the graphics card and now I am getting some output on my portable TV. Although there is a lot of interference and I cannot read the screen, at least I am getting some sort of output whereas before it was just a blank screen.

Getting there, eventually!!

Have also been told on another forum to dll an earlier version of the NVidia driver or even the Creative graphics driver, this may help. Will hopefully try this tonight and keep you informed.

Comment

• mikeyt
      • Mar 2002

sorted

Finally sorted this problem out.

Because I had been trying that many times to resolve the problem, I got complacent and did not connect the audio output to the TV----just used my PC speakers. Last night I was getting a slightly better picture whilst using TVTool and when I connected the audio output to the TV I got a perfect picture and sound.

Perseverance pays!!!!!!

Now I can watch movies in the comfort of my lounge on my large TV screen.

Recap:
      Driver version 23.11
      GeForce 3 Ti 200
      Use TV Tool

Comment

Working...