X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wtdedula
    • Mar 2002

Canon Camcorder Copy Protection

Hello All;
    I am really not sure what's happening with my Camcorder or if this is even the right place to post my message.

I recently putchased a Canon Optura PI Mini-DV Camcorder. I also purchased Adobe Premiere and I have been working on a friend's vacation video for over 2 months now.

My friend has been using Copyrighted Music that he purchased at a music store in the Video Production. The Video track was completely his that he shot on-location in Hawaii and the Audio was Ripped from the CD and converted to .wav files which was imported into Premiere.

Whenever I go to export the timeline to Tape in Premiere through the Firewire port, the Camcorder displays a "Copyright" message on the screen and the motor turns off after about 15 seconds ... making the production of the video imposible. The Audio must be the only problem since the video was completely original.

I do not know what is happening here, or what the copy protection is called but I'd like to know if there is any way to eliminate it so the Camcorder won't shut off ? Is it called Macrovision ... or something else ? Can anyone help ?

How do people obtain musical content for use in their videos if they can't use Pre-recorded music that they buy ?

Tim
  • Carlibra
    • Nov 2003

similar problem with my Canon ZR-40

I'm working on a video of my trip to Italy. I'm about 30% way complete so I'd thought I'd send the partially completed video back out to my Canon ZR-40 DV camcorder. Note: there is no copyright music at all being used in this. Transfer to DV camcorder goes smoothly but after hooking up the camcorder to a TV or just hitting play from the camcorder itself without hook up to a TV, the message appears: Copyright protected, playback is restricted. I've sent Canon an email regarding this. I did use some photo stills taken from a book of famous shots in Italy for the production but I can't see how the Canon ZR-40 could know that! I'm admitting that the digitally captured stills are probably copyrighted in the booklet, but I can't imagine the ZR-40 could know that! In my opinion, there is a malfunction in the ZR-40. By the way, I'm using Ulead's VideoStudio 5.0

I've made video's before which had copyrighted music and there wasn't a problem, so why this has suddenly happened is a mystery to me.

I'm eager to see what Canon has to say about this, should be hearing from them in two days.

Comment

• mikewillnot
      • May 2003

Did anything ever come of this? I have similar problems.

Comment

Working...