Why doesn't Sonic Foundry's Vegas Video get any respect?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheiglooDotCom
    • Jul 2002

Why doesn't Sonic Foundry's Vegas Video get any respect?

I've been using VV for years and it's way better than Premier... but you never hear about it... Is anybody out there using it too? Is there something I'm missing or is Sonic Foundry not marketing right? They really do have a superior product. Please let me know if you think there's something better out there. (don't say premier - I KNOW how much it sucks).

Btw, I have some of my portfolio on my site: www.theigloo.com. Small, downloadable vidoes... mainly experiments due to my short attention span. But you'll get a good idea of Vegas' capabilities. Check out Japan Snapshots in the New Releases area.

Enjoy.

Matt.
  • RSVP
    • Feb 2003

Couldn't agree more Matt

I have tried several NLE's as well and when I came across Vegas Video 3.0 it blew me away. The lack of popularity of the program is not a reflection of its capabilities but rather (IMHO) Sonic Foundry' s marketing budget compared to Adobe and the other heavyweights. It is a shame isn't it. It really does deserve much more respect and exposure.
    I'm affraid I cannot give you a better product solution than Vegas 4.0 or Vegas + DVD.
    Happy editing.

Comment

• Di Abolico
      • Nov 2002

Happy to hear that!

Yes, I am also a long-time fan of Vegas Video (been using since v2.0) and I also asked myself such a quaestion, Matt.

To my mind, it's not only
      Sonic Foundry' s (small) marketing budget
      For many people Premier became a standard "de facto" long long time ago. They just don't believe there's something better.

In another case, people may know about how cool Vegas is, and probably the'd like to use it, but gee! - time - and money is needed to re-learn NLE in a new program. In some tight production chains it's barely possible.

I've benn also said, that some old professional videocards support Premier and don't - Vegas.

Comment

Working...