Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colburn112
    • May 2002

quick svcd question?

ok im afraid the answer to this is goin to be no but im gunna ask neways, u never kno. Ive downloaded this svcd, its 2 discs and one file. what i want to do is cut it in half to burn on a disc. So my ?? is will i be able to cut this file with out dvd hardware, or a video card or whatever it is to play svcds? and if so what program do i use, tmpgenc? vdub or what???
    thanks in advance!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You seem to be asking several different questions. If one of them is, "How do I split an SVCD file?", do the following:

This can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Make sure to change the mode to "MPEG2-SuperVideo CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Use a burning program, such as NERO to burn your CD-R or R/W CD as an SVCD (DON'T ask NERO to format the file as an SVCD, since you've already accomplished this!)

Comment

• colburn112
      • May 2002

oh ok i thought u could do it with tmpgenc but didnt know exactly how to, thanks alot setarip ireally appreciate it

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...