X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • horrorcode
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    • Jul 2002

audio/video sync problems

I have been trying to do what I thought was a simple procedure which is ripping a dvd to divx. The movie I have been trying to rip is Pet Sematary. I downloaded easydivx v. 0.81 and virtual dub for the job. I was told that virtual dub would solve any audio sync problems I might have. After two hours with easydivx, my Pet Sematary divx was done but the audio was too fast. I then read in a forum that I should encode the movie at 23 fps instead of the recommended 29 fps. The same problem still occurred. I then decided to open the avi file and the wav file in virtual dub (the avi file was on direct stream processing and the wav file was on full processing at mp3/128). I messed around with the audio skew and ended up having to delay the audio 1450 ms. Finally the audio and video were in sync but only up to a specific point in the movie where the video seemed to speed up significantly. I am wondering whether this is where a new vob starts. Does anyone know if some dvd's have vob's that are encoded at different frame rates? Also, where should I go from here? I feel like I have tried everything!
Working...