Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nefarion
    • Nov 2001

Trying to Burn full dvd's with my dvd-rw

Ok, Here is my situation. I have a bunch of 9.4 gig and 4.7 gig blank dvd's. And i want to make copies of some dvd's i have. I want to just burn playable VOB files onto the dvd's (i got some double sided 9.4 gig's so i could defenitly fit any movie). Im using a program called Veritas Recordnow DX to burn. I cant use nero becuase it keeps crashing my cd/dvd drivers. Windows XP system...Brand new sony...came with the dvd burner. Can anyone please help me?
  • onerose
    • Nov 2001

where did you get the 9.4 dvd-r's?????

Comment

• Vidbox
      • Nov 2001

With Nero, have you tried burning @ a 4.7 limit and then flipping the 9.4 over to burn the rest?

Comment

• Nefarion
        • Nov 2001

where i got the 9.4 dvd r-s

I got the 9.4 gig dvd r-s from here :

cant beat 4.95 for a 9.4 gig..and 2.95 for a 4.7 gig...

as far as burning a half on one side and half on other using nero...Well, i cant use nero becuase it crashes my drivers...so thats answers part of it.... and the dvd i was burning was only a bit over 4 gigs...so only needed one side...

Comment

• onerose
          • Nov 2001

thanks for the imfo on the blank media good price too. now like you said to find a program to burn to both sides and keep continuity (i hope i spelled it right) i.e flow of the movie
          also try nero version 5.5.51 or 5.5.64 it should not crash in xp
          Last edited by onerose; 18 Dec 2001, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Nefarion
            • Nov 2001

burning 2 sided

the idea of 2 sided dvd's is burning half on one side... half on the other.. You just have to make sure you dont mess up the order of the VOB files..Burn what you can on one side...Then the remaining on the other.. Wont need any special burning program i dont think. I just need a program (other than nero) that will let me burn a UDF type burn. After i burn to one side..I would then take the disc out and flip it and begin burning the rest to the other side. Becuase nero crashes my drivers everytime (thank god for XP's system restore option) i cannot use it. I recently found a great program by the name of ULEAD DVD movie factory. This program will encode any movie file you have to work as a VCD< SVCD < PLAYABLE DVD < etc etc etc. Very useful, except it will not let me burn a straight up UDF.

Comment

• onerose
              • Nov 2001

i use prassi primo dvd 2.0 it works good

Comment

• Nefarion
                • Nov 2001

ok thanks, ill check it out!

Comment

Working...