X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Costa
    • Aug 2002

AC3 Audio Codec Proble,

Hi there,

I'm having problems getting the sound to work on DivX files encoded in AC3 audio. I have downloaded several codecs, and the sound dosn't work in Windows Media Player, or DivX player.

The interesting thing is that the sound can be heard when using DivX Lunacy player.

Any ideas or suggestions will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

I have downloaded several codecs, and the sound dosn't work in Windows Media Player, or DivX player.
    Have you made sure that the codec is the AC3 codec (contained in most codec packs)? Alternatively, you can install a DVD player software, whose installation will enable your system to play AC3 stream as well.

Comment

• Costa
      • Aug 2002

Thanks for that. I have now got the sound working in Windows Media Player.

However, the sound still does not play in DivX player? Any suggestions. Another thing is that the sound seems quite out of sync in all players.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

I'm not very familiar with the DivX player as I have always preferred WMP 6.4 and PowerDivX (You might want to try this out since this has some AC3 playback options built into this). As to the synch. problem, you might want to try correcting it using nandub's audio interleave setting and see if the problem can be rectified.

Comment

• Costa
          • Aug 2002

Thnaks heaps!

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...