• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • S san
    • Aug 2002

Advice --- can a WMV file be converted to mpeg

Hi ,

i wonder if anyone can help me ,
    i am looking for some software that will let me convert WMV files that i have to mpeg or a more commonly used format .

i have edited many video clips through windows movie maker and now am stuck with the output format that it runs with .

it seems very strange that windows movie maker wants to output in its own format , that cant be used elsewhere.

I'd be very grateful for any advice .
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

You may try screen capture software, Virtualdub or TMPGEnc.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"it seems very strange that windows movie maker wants to output in its own format , that cant be used elsewhere."

Not strange at all. It's simply Microsoft trying to establish its format as THE universal video format...

Comment

• Nekton
        • Jun 2002

Re: Advice --- can a WMV file be converted to mpeg

Originally posted by S san
        Hi ,

i wonder if anyone can help me ,
        i am looking for some software that will let me convert WMV files that i have to mpeg or a more commonly used format .

i have edited many video clips through windows movie maker and now am stuck with the output format that it runs with .

it seems very strange that windows movie maker wants to output in its own format , that cant be used elsewhere.

I'd be very grateful for any advice .
        go to this page and download the zip file, install the program and then follow the instructions on the page. Works lika a charm

Comment

Working...