Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrMik3y
    • Sep 2002

Problem with DivX AND XViD

I'm having a problem with playing my DivX and XViD videos. For some reason whenever I open a video in any player the video shrinks in the lower left hand corner. I've tried putting it to fullscreen and the same thing happens. This happens with both formats. The videos seem to run fine for a second, although they are slow and then they get made smaller and basically run smoother. And whenever I get a video to work correctly it's very choppy. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the codecs, I've tried using different codecs and blah, nothing is working. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it. Right now I'm seriously just thinking about buying a new HDD (which I plan on doing anyways) and doing a clean install of windows, because I didn't have this problem before I reinstalled windows on my current HDD. I'm figuring that's part of the problem, but I don't know why *sigh*. So if anyways could help i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanx for your time.

~DrMik3y
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Try reinstalling DirectX 8.1

How fast is your PC ?
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• DrMik3y
      • Sep 2002

1.5 P4 384MB PC800 RDRAM 32MB GeForce2

It's weird... my computer played them all fine before i reinstalled windows... i don't get it

but i'll try reinstalling DirectX 8.1 Thanx man

Comment

Working...