X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mafpk
    • Aug 2002

Playback Issues

This is a strange one:

So here is the issue I have encountered.
    I have been encoding a dvd to divx 5.02 using Gknot following a procedure outlined by doom9. I have been able to get some really successful results. However, when I attempt to play the file on my laptop I begin to have some playback issues. First, the movie cannot be played in Win Media Player (the audio starts fine, but the video begins slow and by the time it reaches normal speed it is not in sync with the audio), zoom player seems to play it fine for the most part, and divx player 2.0 plays the movie ok, but if you try and skip ahead, the video moves forward, but the audio does not.

FYI:
    I have been doing the encoding on a PIII 1.0Ghz (everything seems to play fine on this machine), my laptop is a PIII 600Mhz, also tried a PII 450Mhz and this one encountered similar problems. Now at first I figured that the speed of those other machines was the cause of the problems, however I tried playing another divx movie (not encoded by me) and it played flawlessly on both all those computers.

Another thing I noticed, was the video information for the video I encoded say the dimension are 720 x 480, but I resized the video in Gknot to 480 x 368.

Has anyone encountered this? Is there something I am over looking?
Working...