Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vid1900
    • Dec 2001

how to rip a DVD-A?

i keep buying the new DVD-Audio discs (DVD-A), but how do you copy and burn them? the audio is 96khz 6 channel, and they sound great, but at 25$ a pop, i cant take any chances if these things get scratched up by my girlfriend!

i want exact copies, not mp3s......i have the pioneer a03

help, she is touching them right now!!!
  • Sachankara
    • Dec 2001

Re: how to rip a DVD-A?

Originally posted by vid1900
    i keep buying the new DVD-Audio discs (DVD-A), but how do you copy and burn them? the audio is 96khz 6 channel, and they sound great, but at 25$ a pop, i cant take any chances if these things get scratched up by my girlfriend!

i want exact copies, not mp3s......i have the pioneer a03

help, she is touching them right now!!!
    I have the same problem... There really doesn´t seem to be any way to rip DVD-A discs so far... All rippers I´ve seen are based on VobDec and it doesn´t allow reading of data under "AUDIO_TS" which is "crap"...

There is one way to make exact copies though... Just get a DVD burner and copy VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS to a disc and youi´ll have a working copy...

Comment

• vid1900
      • Dec 2001

Sachankara,

cool, thanks for the reply. i didnt want to make a coaster, im glad that it works just to make a complete copy!

now, will somebody figure out how to rip them so i can make a cool "best of" demonstraition disk??!!

thanks

vid1900

Comment

• DirtyCzech
        • Jun 2002

do you use software for dvd audio playback on your pc or just have a standalone dvd audio player? if you do use software, what program and where can i get it?

thanks

Comment

• vid1900
          • Dec 2001

I use a hardware deck, I have not seen a software player yet for DVD-a

vid1900

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Very interesting. I wish I had one of those DVD-A discs. Can't offer any help here, but try direct copying with Nero. Worth a shot.

Comment

Working...