X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Advertising on this forum

Due to increased costs of hosting this forum, I have added some ad banners (standard 468x60 top + bottom) to this forum.

As with my policies regarding all of my web sites, there will be no pop-ups and pop-unders.

If you are intersted in advertising on this forum and across DVD Digest, please refer to this page :

This thread allows you to discuss this change, as well as voting on whether you approve of the change or not.

Thank-you for your understanding.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Don't care
    0%
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • johnbmx4christ
    • Nov 2001

its your place..i think you should be able to do whatever you want.would it also be possible to have a web ring that can monitor activity like the banners do?
    john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

• Simon T
      • Nov 2001

popups and banners

There are two types of banners: the one who just pop and the ones like this on the forum. Banners like on this forum aren't so bad BUT I HATE POPUPS!!
      Still standing... ...also after the forumcrash )

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

I've removed the bottom banner, since it looks out of place and slows down the loading of the page (plus, it's not making any money).

Comment

• BlackSun
          • Nov 2001

Please, never use Popup ! I really hate them !!!
          Admin: As I said I can add a banner for you on my new download page...
          Best Regards, BlackSun
          The concentric circle of audio/video on:
          www.corecodec.com

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

Pop-ups and unders are the worst, although I do understand why many websites (including "big brand" ones) use them, considering the bad online ad market right now. Many of the ads that are being displayed are "defaults", which don't pay anything - so if you see a "PowerDVD" or blank banner, then these are the defaults ads.

I think the biggest problem with pop-ups/unders is probably that they make websites lose visitors, and visitors in my opinion are worth a lot more than what these ads can make.

BlackSun : Thanks for the offer to host an ad banner on the download page. I don't have a contract with my current ad company yet regarding divx-digest.com (or any sub-domains), and this is why divx-digest.com doesn't have any ads at the moment. Right now, DVD Digest + this forum should cover the costs, at least on the months that have some good ad campaigns.

Digital-digest.com + DivX-Digest.com has almost reached the point of 100,000 unique daily visitors (about 320,000+ page views, and who knows how many server hits), so I've also just started a new dedicated server for digital-digest.com, which adds a little more to the overall cost, but not too much because I can cancel the ddigest.com account I was using before. Does anybody notice any difference in loading speed?
            Last edited by admin; 20 Dec 2001, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...