Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kahuna
    • Sep 2002

DVD Drive install problem

I bought a DVD drive, installed it and it won't open other than manually thru the pinhole in the front bezel. Do I need a special driver or is it faulty?
    It is a Pan/Mats SR 8175C (instld in a Gateway Solo 2150 w/6gHDD, 160ram, Win98se) that replaces the stock CD Rom Drive.
    robmcisaac@hotmail.com
  • Bchball
    • Aug 2002

So does it play DVD's? If it does try ejecting using your software DVD player like Power or Win DVD. It could just be the eject button on front bezel, or you need to load driver that came with it. good luck.

Comment

• kahuna
      • Sep 2002

I haven't played one in it yet. I was still trying to get the unit to open.
      I am real new at this DVD thing. I installed the driver off the Panasonic site for an SR8175 and then it wanted to open but still wouldn't. When I look at the Device Manager it still shows up as a cd rom.
      I could hear it start up the motor to open it but still no light or opening unless I open manually. Then when I close it, it plays a cdr I made but then when I try the software eject button it trys to but still won't open. It seems to want to.
      I heard you can have a problem with WinDVD if you download the trial version and then don't buy it. Then it makes all your dvds stop after 5 min of play. Are there other downloadable programs that I can test it with.

Comment

Working...