Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • [twisti]
    • Sep 2002

Problem playing certain DivX movies...

...on certain movies, the sound stops after roughly 5-6 minutes. Nothing helps to restore the sound but closing the player (happens with media player, playa 2.0 and some others I forgot) and reopening it.

Needless to say, watching a two-hour-movie in 5-minute-chunks is more then annoying.

Anyone has a clue on how to fix my problem ?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try loading it into VirtualDub. Set both "Video" and "Audio" to "direct stream copying" - resave with a new filename...

Comment

• awitti
      • Feb 2003

please help

There has to be another answer to this problem. I have the same problem. Movies play fine on my desktop, but when I copy the file to my laptop and try to play it, I get perfect video and sound for 6 minutes and then the audio stops. Video continues without a problem. I have to believe that I have installed a codec on my desktop that I have just neglected to use on my laptop, but I would love it if someone could give me a clue as to which one I need. Nimo and FFDShow are currently installed. Thanks.

Comment

• Pes
        • Jan 2003

Did you try to play some of this movies in others computers ... let's say more powerful ... divx can be smoothly played on:

CPU - 800 MHz or above
        Ram - 128 MB minimum
        VideoCard - 16Mb or more

some of you may disagree with me, but belivie me i watch like 1000 divx on at least 20 different computers.

sorry for bad english

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

If the audio is in .AC3 format, it is possible that you've downloaded and installed the DEMO versions of the WinDVD filters (including iviaudio.ax) - which are functional for only six minutes at a shot...

Comment

• awitti
            • Feb 2003

If that's the case, can you recommend a reliable filter source please. Thanks.

Comment

• digitaldick
              • Feb 2003

more about that.....

Hi awitti. You might want to consider the comments in this thread. If you do decide to install the ac3 filter recommended by The Edge and you have success configuring it on your computer many users claim that it works great, enabling awesome sound.

Good luck. Please post back with some followup.

Here is the thread: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...&highlight=ac3
              be humble....be wise!

Comment

Working...