Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supersage5
    • Sep 2002

Perfect quality .avi, but no sound...help

I'm having some problems with the audio part of the DVD I've recently ripped and compressed. This is the first DVD I've ever ripped etc. and I used Gordian Knot. I set all the correct parameters and bitrates and open the VOBs in DVD2AVI and saved the file as a .avi. The size was about 850mb and the quality was what I was expecting. I was able to open and view the "muted" movie in my DivX player, however when I opened it in VirtualDub and checked the file information the whole audio section was blank.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to correct this problem. Thanks
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

If you had selected None in the Audio tab -> Track Number in DVD2AVI, you wouldn't get any audio included in the .d2v file anyway.

However, I would recommend against extracting the audio that way though. You are very likely to run into problems and the resulting audio quality often leaves a lot to be desired. This is what I usually do:
    1. Extract audio to .wav using Graphedit/Vob2audio
    2. If you wish, you can amplify the volume using a sound editor, such as Cooledit
    3. Convert the .wav to .mp3 using an mp3 encoder, such as LAME
    4. Mux (join) the .mp3 file with the video that you have created (using whatever method you are considering) using nandub

Comment

• supersage5
      • Sep 2002

Ok, thanks for your help...just a few more questions.
      I have an audio muxer program, but where is the sound from the DVD ripped to in the destination I chose? If i knew wherer that was i could simply encode the file to mp3 and add it to the avi I already created. Thanks

you can reply to this post or talk to ICQ# 66233263 or AIM screen name dobish6

Comment

Working...