Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I_AM_THE_GAME
    • Oct 2002

slow cpu

well guys my processor is a PII-300Mhz slow ass....so many movies nowadays don't play so normally with audio and video not synced...so is there some software that can help me edit that going to bigger size or smaller size files with same quality ?

thnx
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

A few things you can do to lessen the load on the CPU:
    1. Disable all playback filters
    2. Run the desktop at 16-bit colour and a resolution of 800x600 (or even 640x480)
    3. Use a non-memory-intensive player, like WMP 6.4 and/or BSPlayer

If that does solve the problem at all, then it is time to start recompressing the video at a lower resolution. Look around this site for Nicky's articles. They will serve as better guides than me having to type everything in one post.

Comment

• benedict
      Lord of the 4th Estate
      • Jun 2002

Enchanter

You say "non-memory-intensive" players. I'm curious. What do you use to monitor that. I've got several I'm not really happy with, and am open to suggestions for this.

Thanks in advance.
      It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Ah, I was actually struggling to find a better word than "non-memory-intensive". Perhaps I should have used light and fast (as in fast-loading and does not hog Windows memory) players, for which WMP 6.4 fills the position nicely.

I've got several I'm not really happy with, and am open to suggestions for this.
        What would those players be? I'm not an expert on media players, but I've always favoured WMP 6.4 and PowerDivX over any other players.

Comment

Working...