Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JerroldV1
    • Oct 2002

problem with tv out

I have an Asus GeForce2 MX 7100 series video card with tv out and 32 video mb sdram. The card seems to be working fine but whenever I use tv out (I use tv out through a vcr to the tv) and there is a moving picture I often get a line that runs across the tv, usually starting from the bottom or the middle moving towards the top in a rolling fashion. It sort of looks as if the picture is smoothing itself out. This occurs in tv out during both full screen and small screen viewing (ie. when viewing the picture in the small windows media player screen or any other player) and only within the moving picture; the rest is fine. This does not happen on the monitor or while viewing something that is still with tv out. The faster and more movement there is in the picture, the more visible this line appears. I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is normal and whether or not there is a fix for it. Would a video stabilizaer possibly work? I tried the Asus website but wasn't able to find anything there.
  • sneglen
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Oct 2002

Have you tried to connect the card to only the TV because it sounds like it is the Macrovision kicking in
    If this work and you still want to use the TV-Out function with the VCR try to download TV-Tool (http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm) it is not freeware but you can download a demo, to see if it works.

Macrovision was first released by Disney on their VHS cassets so they cannot be copied, it gives the VCR a completely screwed up signal, so the copy would be fu*** up. They have later made sure that the cards do this so you cannot copy DVD movies.

If Nobody Bought Movies, Why Should They Continue To Make Them?

"Bull****" Neo To The Father Of The Matrix In Reloaded

Comment

Working...