Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Max
    • Oct 2002

Digital camcorder

Do they have digital camcorder that uses mini CD instead of mini-dv?
    If yes,is there a website I could check these out?

I want a really small Digital camcorder,not those big ones.
    Last edited by Max; 19 Oct 2002, 10:42 PM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Look into the Sony Mavica line...

Comment

• Rincewind256
      • Sep 2002

Yeah, the Sony mavica is a great cam for digital photograpy.
      There was a Sony camcorder arround (3 years ago or longer), that burned a mpeg1-stream on a mini-cdr. But 156 mb are not the world, so the cam was a dead stock.
      One of the lightest and smallest digi-camcorder from Sony today is the "DCR-IP5" and has the "MICROMV"-tapeformat.
      Look here: http://www.sonystyle.com/home/item.j...=&itemid=50332

Comment

• skydiver
        • Sep 2002

Hay
        I have a sony dcr-pc101 which is a little bigger than the ip range. I use it skydiving (strapped to my head) and needless to say they get a pretty good workout. 15-20 degree temp changes
        opening shock
        running around filming tandems land and there has never been a problem with the tape jumping or quality. It is the camera of choice. I have heard a few bad thing about the ip 7 mainly to do with the stresses imposed by skydiving. The tape flickers in free fall affecting picture shutdowns from temp change and things like that personally I think I would stay away from the miniDV format for a couple more models until they get it worked out. I remember quite a few problems with the first few models of sony's pc range and would expect the same with their ip range.
        Just some food for thought

Comment

Working...